What do you need to do?
Getting a website may be easier (and more affordable) than you think. Just follow these easy steps and you can be on your way to having a new, custom-designed website.
- Think about what type of website you would like.
There are several different categories of websites and each has its own strengths.
You may want to:
- Market or advertise your business
- Start selling your products/services online
- Share your thoughts and make your voice heard through a blog
- Create a forum for your club/organization to provide a better way to communicate and share ideas/tips/strategies
Check out our design packages for more ideas.
Let us help you determine what type of website will best meet your needs.
Think about several possible names for your website. The "web address" or "dot com" name of your website is called a domain name, and is simply the address users can use to find your website.
You will need a list of several possible names, because domains are already taken and you may not get your first choice. Here are a few quick tips for selecting a domain name:
- Make it descriptive or easy to remember.
- If possible, keep it short.
- Select words that are easy to spell.
- Avoid numbers and dashes.
- Try to be original.
Typically, a domain name should contain no more than about 8-10 characters. However, in some cases (i.e. etownwebdesign.com), a slightly longer domain name may be appropriate as long as the included words clearly describe the purpose of the website.
If you don't already have a domain name, we will be happy to assist you in selecting an unregistered name that will stand out and bring visitors to your site.